Friday, August 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Fluff: Review

This week my generous reviewers were out of town, so they emailed in their comments on the pie.


Jenny:

"While I do not consider myself to be a food critic or expert on pies, I can certainly give you my feedback.  I am a fan of anything peanut butter and chocolate.  The creamy texture of the pie was perfect.  I did not find a single bit of unmixed ingredients in the mixture at all.  The crust was perhaps a little bit more dense than I like to eat but still had good flavor.  Knowing that the pie had to be kept cold, I wouldn’t have expected the crust to be flaky anyway.  The only thing I would have loved was to have some sort of crunchy texture to top it off.  Overall, loved the pie!"

Nicholas:

"The peanut butter layer was sweet and creamy and was very easy to enjoy, The chocolate layer offered a great base to the pie which I thought meshed perfectly with the peanut butter. The chocolate tasted to be semi sweet or mixed with dark chocolate and offered a great counterbalance to the creamy smooth peanut butter layer. The graham cracker crust seemed at times to be inconsistent in terms of flavor. If I were to change anything it would be making a thicker crust that allows for the flavor of the graham cracker to distinguish itself with the rest of the pie as the chocolate and peanut butter layers do. Overall a great pie and one that I missed when it was gone."

Jaci:


"I am a pie expert because I love pie.  

The peanut butter fluff pie was very good.  Most of the fluff was very smooth, but some areas had a little grainy texture.  It went down very easy and I could have kept going back for another slice!
I typically do not eat the pie crust – I know, call me crazy – but the innards are what I love.  However, this pie crust was delicious, sweet and not flaky or dry.  This crust was very thin with a level of chocolate that was to die for.  The chocolate mixed with the crust and the peanut butter fluff made for a very tasty treat.

What to add… I would say the pie wasn’t very exciting looking – just a light tan color with a bit of crust peeking out around the edges.  Adding a half of a peanut butter cup to each slice, or dress up the middle with a whole one and some slivers of chocolate would make it perfect."

It sounds like the Peanut Butter Fluff Pie was enjoyed by the reviewers as much as I like it! I should note that the peanut butter pie traveled well.  I froze it and sent it on a two hour car trip in a pie carrier, and no one noted that it was melted, smooshed, or otherwise damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment