Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Pie Challenge

This is it.  The pie challenge. One pie a week for a year.  That's 52 pies folks, and here's the kicker: each week will be a new kind of pie.  Apple, Cherry, Chocolate, Mincemeat...Salmon? Yes, Virginia, there is a salmon pie.  I'll make them on camera and I'll let you know what was hard or criminally easy.  My panel of experts will taste and review.

I'm not a professional baker.  I don't always follow the recipe.  My oven came with the house and it may have been filled with smoke more than once.  This challenge is about finding the best pie, and helping me to make certain my own pies are more hit than miss.

If you have a recipe you've always wanted to try (or just taste), send it to me and I might use it in the pie challenge.  If you see something you like, you can use the recipe I'll post to try it at home.  Everyone should hear, "Dessert? No, thank you. Pie, you say? Well...a little slice won't hurt."

Which pie is best? Our expert judges will give their opinion.  Of course, there are only two kinds of pie I like: hot and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment