Sunday, September 30, 2012

Review: Venison Pot Pie

I may have been a bit sneaky with this review.  I didn't tell the reviewers, aside from my in-house expert, what kind of meat was in the pie until they had already tasted it.  These two ladies didn't mind once they found out, but some people can be a bit hesitant about eating game.




Paige has reviewed for me before.  She really enjoyed the crunchiness of the carrots and the variety in the pie.  She did feel there needed to be more salt.  I didn't add any additional salt to the roux, that would have been an excellent medium to carry a little salt and spices (pepper, maybe some thyme) into the flavor.


Kaydra feels she is a pie expert because she is working on the Freshman 15.  Pie is, apparently, an integral component to weight gain.  She thought the vegetables were tasty - with the exception of the mushrooms.



Cole is my in-house expert.  If you haven't watched previous reviews, you can see his credentials here.  Cole enjoyed the pot pie enough to have seconds, but he felt the filling was too sweet and buttery.  Like Kaydra's commends, this is easily fixed to suit the tastes of your pie crowd.  I like peppers and mushrooms, so I put them in my pot pie, but to each his own.

                                                                                                      - the Headless Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment