Sunday, September 30, 2012

Review: Peach Raspberry

I have to apologize for taking so long to get this review posted.  I was having some trouble with my video editing.

I coerced two new experts into reviewing the Peach Raspberry pie.  Cole reviewed this week as well.





Amanda is a pie expert because she has a birthday pie every year, instead of cake.  Amanda liked the pie, although she felt the raspberries were too seedy.



Chris doesn't consider himself a pie expert, but he'd like to learn.  Chris liked the pie - he specifically mentioned how flaky the crust was and a good balance between tart and sweet.



Cole is my in-house pie expert.  You can see his credentials here.  He enjoyed the pie enough to do two taste tests - just to be sure it was as good the second time.  He liked the level of sweetness and the consistency.  He noted the seediness of the raspberries but felt the crust was flaky and tasty enough to make this pie good.

There you have it.  It sounds like the Peach Raspberry Pie in a Butter Flaky Crust was a success.  Next time I think I'll use store-bought raspberries to avoid the too seedy texture of the garden variety.  If you want to replicate my pie, you can find detailed directions on the Recipe page.

                                                                                               - the Headless Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment